LDANR partners with research assistants to inform and evaluate the efficacy of our programs. See below for links to research papers completed on LDANR’s current programs
- S.M.A.R.T. Math: The Effects of Math Anxiety on Math Achievement (Blagden, 2019b)
- S.M.A.R.T. Math: An Evaluation of a Small-Group Intervention Program for Struggling Mathematicians (Blagden, 2019a)
- Addressing the Summer Learning Gap Among Students with Reading Difficulties (Grice, 2017)
- The Effectiveness of Reading Rocks: A Literacy Intervention Approach (Meighan, 2017)
- Let’s R.E.A.D.: A Small-Group Literacy Intervention for Struggling Readers (McCorriston, 2017)
- Supporting Math Anxiety and Resilience Together: An Evaluation of a Program Targeting Math Learning Disabilities and Math Anxiety (Smith, 2017)
Thank you to Brock University for their continued partnership
in helping us to conduct research on our programs.
Opportunities to Participate in Research
These opportunities are separate from LDA-Niagara Region; please contact the individual listed on the page provided.
Families Needed for SickKids Research Study – Click for more information
SUMMARY: Families are needed for a research study at SickKids (the Hospital for Sick Children), which
is investigating the genetic basis of reading disabilities. They require the participation of families and their child(ren), age 6 to 16 years, who struggle with reading. Parents will receive a report describing their child’s test results, which may be helpful in educational planning. All testing will take place at SickKids in downtown Toronto.
For more information, contact the study manager, Kirsten Blokland:
416-813-8207, or email@example.com
Genetics of Learning Disabilities Study – Click for more information