Ages 14 – 24
The Youth 2 Youth (Y2Y) program aims to support teens and youth by creating a space where they can explore issues of concern together. The monthly sessions will create a safe and inclusive environment for youth with learning disabilities and/or ADHD to meet and share their struggles and strategies for success.
Sessions will begin with a guest speaker on a relevant topic to youth, followed by an opportunity for the participants to connect with other youth with learning disabilities and/or ADHD. Youth Ambassadors will be present at the sessions to facilitate conversations and share their experiences living with a learning disability and/or ADHD.
Questions? Contact Program Coordinator, Paige Vaccarella | pvaccarella@Ldaniagara.org
Youth attending the sessions must:
- Be between the ages of 14 and 24;
- Have a diagnosed or suspected Learning Disability or ADHD;
- Have documentation of a suspected or diagnosed Learning Disability or ADHD (e.g., IEP, Report Card, Post-Secondary Accommodations, Psycho-Educational Assessment, Functional Limitations Form etc.);
- Not be diagnosed/identified with an intellectual disability or have significant behavioural support needs.
2021-2022 Applications Now Open!
2021-2022 Program Details
|Dates: The last Wednesday of every month beginning October 27th (except for June where the session will be on the 2nd Wednesday)|
|Time: 6:00 – 7:30 pm|
|Location: Online (via Microsoft Teams**)|
|Duration: October 2021 – June 2022|
* Fees subject to change. An annual family LDA Membership fee is $50. For more information on the LDA Membership program click here.
** In order to participate, participants must have access to a working device (e.g., computer, tablet, etc.) with microphone, camera, and internet connectivity.
Generously funded by: The Humeniuk Foundation