The Learning Disabilities Association of Niagara Region currently offers multiple programs for children and youth with learning disabilities/ADHD, including:
Reading Rocks (grades 2 – 10) *All winter 2018 program spots are full
One-on-one literacy tutoring program
Reading Rocks Junior (kindergarten – grade 1)
Small-group early literacy intervention program
Let’s R.E.A.D. (grades 2-4)
Small-group literacy support program
B.E.S.T. (ages 6-11) *All winter 2018 program spots are full
Social skills program *New Mindfulness component*
S.L.A.M. (ages 6-10)
Full-day summer literacy program
ADHD Parent Support Group
Please read prior to applying for an LDANR program:
- These programs are designed to support children who are struggling with a learning disability, however the individual does not need to be formally diagnosed with a learning disability to participate. LDANR recognizes that a formal diagnosis is not always possible for families and therefore we welcome children who are struggling in their academics and social life due to an identified or suspected learning disability.
Winter 2018 Program Applications accepted November 27, 2017 – January 19, 2018
Other Important Program Information:
- Applicants will be screened for other exceptionalities (i.e. autism, down syndrome, FAS, developmental delays, etc.) as LDANR’s mandate is to offer programs and services for those with learning disabilities.
- LDANR is not designed to treat students with severe mental health or students with severe emotional and behavioural issues. B.E.S.T. and S.L.A.M. programs are not behavioural programs, but rather programs to support children with learning disabilities through LD awareness, self-advocacy, building self-esteem and social skills.
- To benefit from the program, participants must be able to learn in a small group setting. Reading Rocks is the only one-on-one program.
- There are LIMITED SPACES in all programs!
To access LDANR programs individuals/families must become LDA members (Annual $50/family). Members may have to pay a program fee when accessing programs for their children. Please see each program description for fee details or call the office for more information.
If you require financial aid, please click here to fill out a program subsidy application.
If you are only becoming a member to access programming, it is strongly suggested and requested that you wait to see if your child has been accepted into the program prior to becoming a member and making payment. Program specific fees will not be collected until after the child has been accepted into the program.
IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION EMAIL OR PHONE CALL FROM THE LDANR OFFICE AFTER A COUPLE DAYS OF SUBMITTING THE ONLINE APPLICATION, PLEASE CONTACT US AT 905-641-1021.